The commitment of the SVRK GDC to the most fundamental principles of academic freedom, equality of opportunity and human dignity requires that decisions involving students and employees be based on individual merit and be free from invidious discrimination in all its forms.
The SVRK GDC will not engage in any kind of discrimination or harassment against any person because of caste, colour, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation including gender identity, equal opportunity orders and regulations. The nondiscrimination policy applies to admissions, employment, scholarships and other college programmes and activities.
The college follows the rules as per the holiday list announced by the Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajamahendravaram.
The infrastructure development committee will monitor the required infrastructure in various class rooms.
The Employee shall at all times maintain strict confidentiality and secrecy in respect of all the Confidential Information that he/she may acquire or possess in any manner during the course of his/her employment with SVRK GDC and he/she shall not either directly or indirectly use, reveal, copy, duplicate, reproduce, record, distribute, disclose, take photograph in premises of institute or allow to be divulged or disclosed such Confidential Information in whole or in part belonging to institute in any form viz. verbal, written, digital, print, electronic, physical etc. to any third party save and except for the purpose of his/her employment with SVRK GDC by and under the instructions and after seeking written approval from authorized person of institute.
The research policy of the college aims at creating and supporting a research culture among its teachers, staff and students and leverage it for enriching and enhancing the professional competence of the faculty members; for developing and promoting scientific temper and research aptitudes of all learners; for realizing the vision and mission of the college and for contributing to national development by establishing an institutional fund and plan for facilitating their participation in research and related activities and by providing the required resources and appropriate facilities. It also aims at ensuring that the research activities of the college conform to all applicable rules and regulation as well as to the established standards and norms relating to safe and ethical conduct of research.
The Research Cell of the college shall be responsible for implementing this research policy of the college by working closely with the UGC. The specific roles and functions of the research cell will be as follows:
1. Provide research facilities in terms of laboratory equipment, required by the faculty.
2. The college encourages faculty to register for Ph.D., M.Phil., encourages faculty to apply for MRP’s
3. Research publications are given weightage in Academic Performance Indicators.
4. Students are encouraged to take up study projects.
5. Encourage and promote a research culture (eg. teaching work load remission, opportunities for attending conferences etc.).
6. Encourage the faculty to undertake research by collaborating with other research organizations/ industry.
7. Create suitable procedures for giving due recognition for guiding research.
8. Organize workshops/ training programmes/ sensitization programmes are conducted by the institution to promote a research culture on campus.
9. Approach National and international organizations such as UGC, ICSSR, ICHR, ICPR, DST, DBT, UNESCO, UNICEF to fund major and minor research projects undertaken by the faculty / students.
10. Make efforts to improve the availability of research infrastructure requirements to facilitate research.
11. Develop and implement an official Code of Ethics to check malpractices and plagiarism in research.
12. Facilitate Interdepartmental / interdisciplinary research projects.
13. Institute research awards.
14. Create incentives for the faculty who receive state, national and international recognition for research contributions as well as research awards and recognition from reputed professional bodies and agencies.
15. Encourage and promote the publication of research articles by the faculty in reputed/ refereed journals.
16. Create and maintain a database of research work and research projects undertaken by the faculty and students as well as collect data by metrics such as Citation Index, Impact Factor, h-index, SNIP, SJR, etc.
17. Publicize the research expertise and consultancy capabilities available in the college.
18. Facilitate the provision consultancy services to industries / Government / Non- Government organizations / community/ public.
19. Prepare Rules & Guidelines for Grant of Research related leave and other remissions
20. Prepare Guidelines for design and evaluation of curriculum oriented research projects
Protection of health, safety and the prevention of pollution to the environment are primary goals of the Institute. The Institute will strive to develop and provide products and services that have no undue environmental impact and are safe in their intended use, efficient in their consumption of energy and natural resources and can be recycled, reused or disposed of safely. As a part of this policy college observes National Ozone Day every year on 16th September.
The purpose of this policy is to establish clear cut guidelines regarding the usage of mobile phones inside the campus. This policy is applicable to all those who enter the campus. Realizing the importance of communication and the possible impact of mobile phone usage inside the campus, the following guidelines are arrived at.
a) The institution offers online courses like TCSion, IBM Ptech, Spoken tutorials, hence students are allowed to use mobile phones at the time of online certification exam.
b) The mobile phones shall be kept in silent mode / off.
c) All the staff members are empowered to confiscate mobile phones found with students violating the above rules.
d) Students violating the above rules will be warned
e) Staff members are allowed to use mobile phones in their respective cabins.
f) Staff members are allowed to use mobile phone in the classroom for the purpose of taking online attendance only
This policy is framed by Head of the institution depending on the interest and capability of the individual and based upon the needs of institute.
To realize the primary needs of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for everybody, Grievance Redressal Cell already working in college. According to guide lines for Government, a Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted. The Grievance Redressal Cell is indented to find solutions for problems like Sexual harassment-any kind of physical or mental harassment, complaints regarding class room teaching-class room management, completion of syllabus, teaching methods etc., if and when they arise. The Grievance Redressal Cell convenes meetings periodically and takes steps to redress the grievance. The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student of college and judge its merit.
The Grievance Redressal Cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge students Grievance Redressal Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/suggestion box, grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the member/officer in-charge of students Grievance Redressal Cell.